hand drawn steel boned corset

This is the first picture of the hand drawn corset that I have been dying to make for ages. I have had the initial sketches in my design journal for so long. I love the idea of wearable artwork and I have so many ideas for developing fine art concepts in to my corsetry. These hand drawn elements were all inspired by the abstract and cubist work by Picasso and Dali.
Although this corset is a cross over between corsetry and fine art, it is still constructed in the historical way, made with three layers of high quality heavy cotton canvas and calico. The boning channels are the classic victorian flat felled seams, it is steel boned through out and the two part eyelets are set in double boned re enforced boning channels making it perfect for tight lacing aswell as being a sensational conversation starter!

www.boundbyobsession.co.uk

0 comments:

Post a Comment

website

Join me on my new facebook page

There was an error in this gadget

Drop me a line at:

hello@boundbyobsession.co.uk

The Best Victorian Jewellery

The Best Victorian Jewellery
Flighty Victorian Diamond Swallow Pin

More blogs

There was an error in this gadget

Followers